We offer a range of advice, professional development, and services, to primary, intermediate, and high schools around the use of digital technology. We can come to schools and demonstrate a range of activities to enhance your understanding of and application of tech across a range of platforms.
What we offer
Parent and teacher talks/information sessions on
- Getting started with coding in the classroom
- STEM and STEAM learning, evidence based approaches
- Teaching digital natives – Privacy, Literacy, & Game Based approaches
- Digital Citizenship – new rules for the 21st century
- Online security & your data
- Cognitive development and computers
- When and how much – devices and development, a users guide.
- Assessment and advice about educational software
Or a totally new and interesting topic you request – get in touch!
Workshops for school groups
- Coding with Sphero robot balls – we cover math, physics, and fun in these fun interactive sessions which feature team challenges (Age 13+ : Group size – up to 16 : 2 hour sessions)
- Teach with Minecraft – come teach a variety of topics with Minecraft – we show you how! (Age 9 + : Group size – up to 16 : 2 hour session)
- Come to the HIVE for Minecraft and Math Sessions – covering area/volume/measurement and a host of other activities with our Minecraft.edu set up (Age 9 + : Group size – up to 16 : 2 hour session)
- Come to the HIVE for HTC Virtual Reality 45 minute session – (Age 10 + : Group size – up to 6 : 2 hour session)
- HTC VIVE Virtual Reality booth on site for a day or a week!
- Introduction to Coding with Scratch (Age 9 + : Group size – up to 16 : 2 hour session)
- Online Privacy and tracking workshops for teenagers (Age 10 + : Group size – up to 16 : 2 hour session)
- Web literacy Basics (Level 1, 2, 3) (Age 10 + : Group size – up to 16 : 2 hour session)
- Web literacy leaders 1 Day workshop – let senior students become the web ambassadors in your school or community. (Age 13+ : Group size – up to 16 : 4-6 hour session)
Get in touch to discuss your needs with the Hive today – some of these sessions have costs involved but we work with schools and not-for-profit organisations to find solutions. 🙂